- Around 600 g of chicken breast or more, cut into pieces
- For the marinade:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- A little ginger and ras el hanout (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 drizzle of oil
- For the breading:
- 1 deep plate of flour
- 1 soup plate with 2 beaten, salted, and peppered eggs
- 1 deep plate of unsalted Corn Flakes, roughly crushed (put them in a freezer bag and crush them)
- For the marinade: Place your chicken breasts, cut not too thick, and remove any excess fat or small bones. Pour over all the marinade ingredients – garlic powder, oregano, paprika powder, ginger, ras el hanout (if using), salt, pepper, and a drizzle of oil. Knead the chicken with this mixture, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or more if possible.
- Cooking: Take a piece of chicken out of the marinade. Dip it first in the flour, then in the beaten egg, and finally in the crushed cornflakes, pressing a little to ensure good coating. Repeat this process for all the chicken pieces.
- Frying: Heat a pot or deep fryer with enough oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot (about 350°F or 175°C), carefully add the breaded chicken pieces. Fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy, usually for about 5-7 minutes per side. Ensure the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Drain and Serve: Remove the fried chicken pieces and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve your homemade crispy chicken hot and enjoy!
– Adjust the spices and seasonings to your taste preferences.
– You can serve this crispy chicken with your favorite dipping sauces or sides for a delicious KFC-inspired meal.