- 2 pounds lean sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes, quartered or halved to your liking
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (alternatively, a mix of dried oregano, thyme, and parsley)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- If oven-baking, preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lean sirloin steak chunks, quartered baby yellow potatoes, minced garlic, Italian seasoning (or the mix of dried oregano, thyme, and parsley), and onion powder.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture.
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper, adjusting to your taste preferences.
- Toss everything in the bowl until the ingredients are well coated with the seasoning and olive oil.
- If you’re oven-baking, transfer the mixture to a baking dish or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness and the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- If you prefer grilling or using a stovetop, you can also cook this mixture in a large skillet or on the grill over medium-high heat. Cook until the steak is done and the potatoes are tender, stirring and flipping occasionally.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven or heat source, and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve your delicious sirloin steak and potato mixture as a hearty and flavorful meal.