- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 well-mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
How to Make:
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Creaming the Butter and Sugar: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the room-temperature butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Adding Wet Ingredients: Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla essence until well combined. Add the sour cream and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Mixing Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in the crushed walnuts.
- Baking: Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Making the Vanilla Icing: While the cake is baking, prepare the vanilla icing. In a saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the icing sugar, milk, and vanilla essence until the icing is smooth and well combined.
- Icing the Cake: Once the cake has cooled, spread the vanilla icing evenly over the top of the cake.
- Serving: Allow the icing to set before slicing and serving your delicious Banana Walnut Cake.