- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 can creamy refried beans
- Fresh cilantro (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- Colby Jack cheese
- 10 soft taco shells
- Begin by heating some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the beef roast in the hot skillet until it obtains a golden brown color on all sides.
- Transfer the seared beef roast into a slow cooker set on high.
- Add the minced garlic, diced green chilis, and your favorite fajita seasoning to the slow cooker with the beef. You can also add a splash of water to help with the cooking process.
- Allow the mixture to cook together in the slow cooker for about 4 hours, or until the beef is tender and easily shreddable.
- Once the beef is done, shred it using two forks or by any preferred method.
- Warm up the soft taco shells according to the package instructions.
- To assemble your tacos, spread a spoonful of creamy refried beans onto each taco shell.
- Add a generous portion of the shredded beef mixture on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh cilantro over the beef.
- Grate Colby Jack cheese and add it to your tacos for that extra cheesy goodness.
- Serve the tacos hot and enjoy your delicious homemade beef tacos with all the flavors and textures!
Feel free to customize your tacos with any additional toppings or condiments you like, such as sour cream, salsa, or sliced avocado. Enjoy your meal!