- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 bag (30 oz) frozen country-style shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed, patted dry
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until it becomes crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess grease. Leave about 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in the skillet.
- In the same skillet with the bacon grease, add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent and fragrant, usually about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the thawed hash brown potatoes, 1 1/2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese, and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Then, add them to the bowl with the potato and cheese mixture. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Now, add the sautéed onions and crispy bacon to the mixture, and stir it all together.
- Pour the entire mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Top the casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the casserole is set and the top is golden brown.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This delicious bacon and hash brown breakfast casserole should help you recover from your hangover and satisfy your cravings! Enjoy your meal, and feel free to get creative by adding additional ingredients like diced bell peppers or spinach if you like.