For Layer 1:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup walnuts/pecans, chopped and divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For Layer 2:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Cool Whip (from the 12 oz. container), divided
For Layer 3:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (3.5 oz) coconut cream instant pudding mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a bowl, mix together the softened butter, half of the chopped walnuts/pecans, and the all-purpose flour.
- Press this mixture into a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool completely.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of the Cool Whip (from the 12 oz. container).
- Pour this mixture over the cooled crust from Layer 1.
- Place the pan into the refrigerator while you prepare the next layer.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk and the coconut cream instant pudding mix.
- Pour this pudding mixture over Layer 2 in the pan.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip (from the 12 oz. container) over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped walnuts/pecans over the Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate the dessert for a few hours or until it is set.
- Cut into squares and serve chilled.