- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned salmon
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Open the canned salmon and drain it thoroughly. Place the drained salmon in a mixing bowl and flake it evenly with a fork.
- Add finely chopped onion, cornmeal, flour, mayonnaise, and one egg to the bowl with the salmon.
- Stir the ingredients together until they are well blended.
- Shape the mixture into patties. You can make them as large or as small as you like, depending on your preference.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add some cooking oil.
- Carefully place the salmon patties into the hot oil and cook until they are golden brown on each side. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Once the patties are cooked through and crispy on the outside, remove them from the pan and place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve your Southern Fried Salmon Patties hot and enjoy!