These are my most requested cookies. I usually make at least 500 of these at Christmas. It’s a very simple recipe but packed with lots of flavors!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package butterscotch chips, 6 oz.
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
How To Make Butternut Cookies
- Cream butter with powdered sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour; mix well.
- Add butterscotch chips and 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
- Mix well by hand.
- Shape dough, a scant teaspoonful at a time, into balls. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm but not brown. Let cool on wire racks.
- Make rum glaze. Mix the powdered sugar, rum extract, and milk until smooth.
- You can either dip the cookies in the glaze or use a spoon to pour over cookies.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and allow the glaze to set up.