I love those recipes that we all grew up with, they are just too good to miss out on.
Have you ever tried something so delicious you can barely stand it…and something that you’re even more shocked that you actually made. This is one of those recipes.
Mike actually turned up his nose when I told him I was going to whip up this Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup. He seriously thinks he doesn’t like hamburger in soups. Every time I talk about putting ground beef in a soup, he tells me he doesn’t like it. And then every single time I make a soup with ground beef in it, he loves it.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups russet potatoes
- 2 cups frozen vegetable mix
- 3 tsp basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 8 ounces cubed Velveeta cheese
- In a large skillet, fry the ground beef and onions until the onions soften and the ground meat turns brown. Strain the grease.
- Fry garlic until brown.
- Add the beef mixture to the saucepan or stockpot on the stove.
- Adding potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil & parsley.
- Cook in a low saucepan for 6-8 hours, over high heat for 3-4 hours, or simmer on the stove until potatoes are tender and beginning to wilt.
- Whisk the cornstarch with the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the pepperoni and let it dissolve, stirring occasionally. When they are completely melted, put them in bowls and serve.