- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups peeled & diced Russet potatoes
- 2 cups your favorite frozen vegetable mix
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the beef is browned. Drain the grease.
- Add minced garlic and cook until browned and fragrant. Transfer the beef mixture to a crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
- Add in the diced potatoes, chicken broth, frozen vegetables, dried basil, and dried parsley.
- If using a crockpot, cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. If using a stove, simmer until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cornstarch into the milk, then whisk this mixture into the soup.
- Add the cubed Velveeta cheese to the soup and let it melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once it’s melted in, your creamy potato and hamburger soup is ready to enjoy!