- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought (plus extra dough for decorating, optional)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and browned (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- If you’re using store-bought pie crust, unroll it and place it into a pie dish. If you have extra dough for decorating, you can use it to create a decorative crust edge.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, and melted browned butter (if using). Stir until well mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour, salt, and cinnamon until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract, and continue to mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until the pie is set and the top is golden brown. You can use a toothpick or knife to check if it comes out clean from the center to ensure it’s done.
- Once done, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade brown sugar pie!