Looking for a delicious and light dessert? Try this Lemon Icebox Cheesecake!
About This Recipe:
When it comes to baked cheesecakes, the tartness of lemon juice often softens with the oven’s heat. For this no-bake Lemon Icebox Cheesecake, we reduced the lemon juice for a balanced flavor. The inclusion of lemon curd provides a zesty kick without resorting to zest or lemon extract. The twist? We use lemon cookies, not graham crackers, to give that extra lemony touch to the crust.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups of crushed lemon cookies (you can use any lemon-flavored cookies you like)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces (2 blocks) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of lemon curd (store-bought or homemade)
- Start by making the Crust:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed lemon cookies and melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press this mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9×9-inch square baking dish or a similar-sized pie dish.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.