- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional for some heat)
- 1 cup cashews
- Cooked rice (for serving)
- In a sizable bowl, blend flour, black pepper, and salt. Add the diced chicken and ensure every piece is well coated. (Using a zip-lock bag can also do the trick.)
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in another bowl.
- Drench the chicken in this sauce, ensuring an even coating.
- Transfer the sauce-laden chicken into your slow cooker and sprinkle cashews over it.
- Cover and let it simmer on low for about 4-5 hours or on high for around 2-3 hours, ensuring the chicken is soft and thoroughly cooked.
- Serve atop cooked rice, and for that extra crunch, toss in a few more cashews.
This dish promises a cozy and flavorful dinner, perfect for rejuvenating after a long day. Give it a try and let it become a favorite in your household too! Enjoy!