This delightful homemade bread recipe is not only quick and easy but also incredibly satisfying. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, you’ll find success with this recipe that yields two delicious loaves of bread.
Interesting Tidbit: Did you know that bread-making dates back thousands of years, and it has been a staple in many cultures throughout history? Today, we’re bringing this ancient tradition to your kitchen.
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons yeast
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5.5 cups all-purpose flour
- Begin by dissolving the sugar in warm water. Add the yeast and allow it to proof, creating a frothy mixture that will give your bread a delightful rise.
- Incorporate the vegetable oil into the yeast mixture once it’s properly proofed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt, ensuring even distribution of these essential ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, one cup at a time, while stirring or mixing until a soft and elastic dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 3-5 minutes, allowing your hands to become part of the bread-making magic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, turning it over to coat both sides, and let it rise for one hour. This step allows the yeast to work its magic and make your bread fluffy.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and shape it into loaves. Place them into greased bread pans and let them rise again for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the loaves for approximately 30 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- As a finishing touch, brush the tops with butter while the loaves are still warm, adding an extra layer of flavor and a beautiful shine.
Enjoy the warm, comforting aroma of freshly baked bread that fills your kitchen as you follow this recipe. Your taste buds will thank you for the delightful, homemade goodness!