Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
These Caramel Pecan Dream Bars are a delightful treat that’s quick to prepare. The crust is made from a yellow cake mix, creating a delicious base for the caramel and pecan topping.
For the Crust:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1 egg
For the Caramel Pecan Topping:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, 1/3 cup of soft butter, and 1 egg. Mix until the ingredients come together to form a dough-like consistency.
- Press the cake mix mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. This will serve as the crust for your bars.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the 1/2 cup of butter. Stir in the granulated sugar and evaporated milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Allow it to boil for about 2 minutes, continuing to stir. Remove it from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and chopped pecans into the caramel mixture.
- Pour the caramel pecan topping evenly over the crust in the baking pan.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown, and the center is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. This is important to let the bars set.
- Once the bars have cooled, you can cut them into squares or bars.
- These Caramel Pecan Dream Bars are incredibly sweet and rich, so you may want to cut them into smaller servings.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container to maintain their freshness.
Enjoy these dreamy caramel pecan bars! They’re sure to be a hit whenever you make them.