Indulge in the delightful combination of cream cheese and chocolate with this Dreamy Cream Cheese Chocolate Pound Cake. The rich and moist cake is topped with a decadent chocolate ganache that will satisfy your sweet cravings.
- For the pound cake:
- 200g of flour
- 200g of butter
- 200g of sugar
- 150g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet of baking powder
- For the topping:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 140g of butter
- 8 cl of liquid cream
- Start by preparing the pound cake. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat them until the mixture whitens. Then, add the flour and baking powder, and mix thoroughly.
- Melt the 150g of dark chocolate and butter together. You can do this by microwaving them for about 1 minute until they are fully melted. Pour this melted chocolate-butter mixture into your batter and mix it in.
- Grease and flour a cake tin. Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170°C for approximately 40 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake; it should come out clean when the cake is done.
- While the cake is cooling, let’s prepare the chocolate ganache topping. In a bain-marie (a heatproof bowl over simmering water), melt 200g of dark chocolate, stirring gently. Once melted, add the liquid cream and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the chocolate ganache from heat and let it cool slightly. Then, add 140g of butter to the ganache and whisk until it’s well combined and smooth.
- Once both the cake and ganache are at a suitable temperature (not too hot), spread the chocolate ganache evenly over the top of the pound cake using a spatula.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and for the ganache to set.
- Slice and serve your Dreamy Cream Cheese Chocolate Pound Cake.
Enjoy this heavenly dessert that combines the richness of cream cheese and the lusciousness of dark chocolate!