Did you know that you can easily make your own sweetened condensed milk at home? It’s not only simple but also a great addition to your kitchen skills. Here’s how:
- 3 tsp of butter
- 1 cup of instant powdered milk
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- Start by melting 3 tsp of butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add 1 cup of instant powdered milk, 2/3 cup of sugar, and 1/3 cup of boiling water.
- Mix the ingredients together and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once your homemade sweetened condensed milk has thickened to the desired consistency, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer it to an airtight jar and store it in the refrigerator. It can be used in recipes that call for a can of sweetened condensed milk.
Pro Tip: You can also freeze your homemade sweetened condensed milk in an airtight container for a few months and use it later in your favorite desserts or beverages. Enjoy the difference it makes in your recipes!