- 1.5 pounds (about 680g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cooked white or brown rice for serving
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Stir until the brown sugar is dissolved and the sauce is well mixed.
- Place the diced chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce mixture over the chicken, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on the LOW setting for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. You can also cook it on HIGH for 2-3 hours if you’re in a hurry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir the cornstarch slurry into the slow cooker. This will thicken the sauce as it continues to cook.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked to perfection, serve the Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki over cooked rice.
– Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to control the spiciness of your teriyaki sauce.
– You can also add your favorite vegetables like broccoli or bell peppers to the slow cooker for a complete meal.
– Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days and reheated for later enjoyment.