- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 3-ounce box of vanilla pudding (not sugar-free)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 16-ounce can of crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 cup of sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of softened butter (to room temperature)
- 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, oil, and milk.
- Beat the mixture with an electric blender for 1 minute until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the undrained crushed pineapple and sugar. Mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting. In a separate bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar to the cream cheese mixture, beating until the frosting is creamy and well combined.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese frosting evenly over the top.
- Optionally, sprinkle chopped pecans over the frosting for added texture and flavor.
- Slice and serve your delicious Pineapple Sunshine Cake! Enjoy!
Notes: You can store any leftover cake in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.