- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Let sit for 5 minutes, until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and egg yolk to the yeast mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the raspberry jam over the dough.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whipped cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Spread the mixture over the raspberry jam.
- Roll up the dough tightly, starting from the long end. Cut the roll into slices about 1 inch thick.
- Arrange the slices in the greased cake pan, cut side up. Brush the tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and the dough is fully cooked.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form and serve it with the cake.
Enjoy your delicious Swedish Cream Bun Cake!