Barrel Cracker Meatloaf
Barrel Cracker Meatloaf is a comforting and flavorful dish that’s easy to prepare. It’s a twist on the classic meatloaf recipe, featuring the unique addition of cracker crumbs for a delightful texture and flavor. This dish is sure to satisfy the whole family at a fraction of the price of dining out.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed crackers, chopped onion, milk, 1/4 cup ketchup, green bell pepper, celery, carrot, minced garlic, beaten egg, salt, black pepper, thyme, and oregano. Mix everything thoroughly until well combined.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it in a baking dish or on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup ketchup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard to create the topping sauce. Spread this sauce evenly over the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until it’s cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- Once cooked, remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
– You can customize this meatloaf by adding your favorite spices or herbs to the meat mixture for extra flavor.
– Serve Barrel Cracker Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a side salad for a complete meal.
– Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days and make great sandwiches.