Interesting Fact: Beef Stroganoff is believed to have originated in Russia and is named after the Stroganov family. It’s a rich and creamy dish loved worldwide.
- 2 pounds of sirloin steak (round steak or ribeye)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 packet of Lipton Onion Beef Soup Mix
- 2 packages of egg noodles (32 ounces), cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Place a Dutch oven on medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pot.
- Add the cubed meat and the finely chopped onions.
- Brown the meat and cook until the onions soften slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, cream of mushroom soup, red wine vinegar, and Lipton Onion Beef Soup Mix.
- Pour this mixture into the pot with the meat and onions.
- Cook until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 4 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Once the meat is tender, add in the cooked noodles.
- Stir well to combine and let it simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- You can garnish the Beef Stroganoff with fresh parsley or a dollop of sour cream before serving for added flavor.
- This recipe serves approximately 6 people.