Indulge in the delightful flavors of Baked Crab Legs in Butter Sauce. This easy-to-make dish is a perfect choice for a special dinner at home. Enjoy the sweet and juicy meat of King Crab Legs, enhanced with a luscious garlic, butter, lemon, and creole sauce.
- 2 pounds of King Crab Legs
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Thaw the King Crab Legs if they are frozen, and rinse them under cold water. Use kitchen shears or a crab cracker to split the shells lengthwise, making it easier to access the meat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the unsalted butter. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Be careful not to let it brown.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the lemon juice, Creole seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. This mixture will be your flavorful butter sauce.
- Place the split crab legs in a baking dish, arranging them in a single layer.
- Pour the prepared butter sauce evenly over the crab legs, ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the crab meat is heated through and tender.
- Remove the foil and switch your oven to broil. Broil the crab legs for an additional 3-4 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and slightly crispy.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven, and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the crab legs for a burst of freshness.
- Serve your Baked Crab Legs in Butter Sauce hot, garnished with lemon wedges for an extra zing.
- Pair this dish with your choice of sides, like garlic buttery mashed potatoes or a fresh salad, to complete your gourmet meal.