Description: This delicious Genovese recipe is a versatile option for all your dessert needs. It’s simple to prepare and can be used in various dessert creations.
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams of flour
- Start by cracking the 4 eggs into a saucepan.
- Add 125 grams of caster sugar to the eggs in the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Begin whisking the eggs and sugar together slowly. You want to heat this mixture until it reaches a temperature close to 50°C (122°F).
- To check the temperature, you have two options:
- If you have a pastry thermometer, use it to monitor the temperature regularly until it reaches 50°C (122°F).
- If you don’t have a thermometer, you can use your finger. Remember that our body temperature is around 37°C (98.6°F). So, when you touch the mixture with your finger, it should feel warm but not hot enough to burn you. Once you feel this good warmth on your finger, remove the pan from the heat.
- At this point, your Genovese mixture is ready.
- Gradually add 125 grams of flour to the mixture while continuing to whisk. Ensure that the flour is well incorporated, and you have a smooth batter.
- Your Genovese batter is now prepared and can be used in various dessert recipes.
- This Genovese recipe is a versatile base for desserts. You can use it to make cakes, cupcakes, or any other dessert that requires a light and fluffy sponge-like texture.
- Be cautious when using your finger to check the temperature, as the mixture can be hot. Remove it from the heat as soon as it reaches the desired warmth.
- Experiment with different flavorings or extracts to customize the Genovese mixture to your liking.