What You Need:
- Cider or balsamic vinegar
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- A glass bowl
- Plastic wrap
- A toothpick
- Pour about 2-3 centimeters of cider or balsamic vinegar into the glass bowl.
- Add a few drops of liquid dishwashing detergent to the vinegar and mix it gently.
- Cover the top of the bowl with plastic wrap, making sure it’s stretched tightly over the bowl’s opening.
- Use a toothpick to puncture several small holes in the plastic wrap. These holes will allow insects to enter.
- Place the bowl in areas where you’ve noticed flies or other insects. They will be attracted to the vinegar’s scent.
- Insects that enter through the holes in the plastic wrap will become trapped in the liquid due to the detergent.
- Check the trap regularly and replace the vinegar as needed.
– You can also try using different types of vinegar or fruit juices as bait to see what works best for the specific pests you’re dealing with.
– This eco-friendly trap is a safe alternative to chemical insecticides and can help reduce the presence of flies and other insects in your home.