Envision a dessert that melds the vibrant zing of fresh lemons with the sumptuous, creamy essence of cream cheese, all harmoniously baked into a blissful treat that demands merely four ingredients. The 4-Ingredient Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake is a genuine joy for aficionados of lemon and dessert devotees alike, intertwining yellow cake mix, sumptuous lemon pie filling, silken cream cheese, and a hint of butter to bring forth a cascade of refreshing flavors in every morsel.
Imagine basking in the gentle warmth of a summer day, indulging in a slice of this celestial cake. The lively yellow shades and the enticing scent of lemons permeate the air as you savor the first bite. As the moist cake tenderly disintegrates and melts on your palate, you’re whisked away to a sun-drenched citrus orchard. The sharp, tangy lemon essence pirouettes across your palate, masterfully counterpoised by the creamy cream cheese. This straightforward yet entrancing recipe epitomizes the pleasure derived from simple desserts that confer both solace and pleasure.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 cans (21 oz each) lemon pie filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and one can of lemon pie filling. Blend them together until you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Spread this cream cheese and lemon mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the dry yellow cake mix with the melted butter. Stir until the mixture forms a crumbly texture.
- Carefully spread the cake mix and butter mixture over the cream cheese and lemon layer in the baking dish. Try to cover it as evenly as possible.
- Now, gently spoon the remaining can of lemon pie filling over the top of the cake mixture. You can distribute it in small dollops evenly across the cake.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cake is set. You can test doneness by inserting a toothpick into the cake; it should come out clean when it’s ready.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a bit before serving. It can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
- You can garnish the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra touch of sweetness.
- This cake is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.