- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (e.g., walnuts or pecans)
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butterscotch chips and creamy peanut butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until the mixture is smooth and well combined. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the old-fashioned rolled oats, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, and raisins or dried cranberries if you’re using them.
- Pour the melted butterscotch and peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add honey, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Stir everything together until the mixture is thoroughly combined and all the dry ingredients are coated with the butterscotch mixture.
- Line a 9×9-inch (or similar size) baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
- Transfer the oatmeal scotchies mixture into the prepared baking dish. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to press it down evenly.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours or until it has set completely.
- Once set, lift the parchment paper to remove the block of oatmeal scotchies from the dish. Place it on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut it into squares or bars.
- Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, or different types of nuts.
- You can also adjust the sweetness by using more or less honey according to your taste preferences.
- These no bake oatmeal scotchies are perfect for a quick and delicious treat that requires no baking. Enjoy!