- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by lining a muffin tin with cupcake liners. This recipe makes about 12 cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Rice Krispies cereal and mini marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and unsalted butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract into the peanut butter-chocolate mixture.
- Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the Rice Krispies and marshmallows. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Using a spoon, divide the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin, pressing it down firmly into each cup.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the cups have set.
- Once set, remove the Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Cups from the muffin tin and enjoy!
- You can customize these cups by adding chopped nuts, sprinkles, or a drizzle of extra chocolate on top before refrigerating.
- Store any leftover cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.