- Half cup of butter
- Half cup of sugar
- Half cup of brown sugar
- Small can of condensed milk (about half a cup)
- Half cup of Karo syrup
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all the ingredients: half cup of butter, half cup of sugar, half cup of brown sugar, small can of condensed milk, and half cup of Karo syrup.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it for a total of 6 minutes. However, don’t forget to take it out occasionally (about every 2 minutes) to stir the mixture. This stirring will help achieve a smooth texture and prevent any hot spots.
- While the mixture is heating and stirring, prepare a greased pan where you’ll pour the caramel. You can use a square or rectangular pan depending on how thick you want your caramel bites.
- Once the 6 minutes are up, carefully remove the bowl from the microwave. The caramel should be hot and bubbling. Be cautious as it will be extremely hot.
- Pour the hot caramel mixture into the greased pan, spreading it evenly.
- Allow the caramel to cool at room temperature. It will gradually firm up as it cools.
- Once the caramel has cooled and solidified, you can cut it into small bite-sized pieces. You can use a sharp knife or kitchen shears.
- For a finishing touch, wrap each caramel piece in wax paper. This not only looks nice but also helps to keep them from sticking together.
- Store your delicious homemade caramels in an airtight container to maintain their freshness.
Enjoy your homemade 6-Minute Caramel treats! They make for a sweet and indulgent snack or a thoughtful homemade gift.