- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 oz package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or water
- Cream 3/4 cup of butter with powdered sugar and salt until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Blend in the all-purpose flour, mixing well until a dough forms.
- Add the butterscotch chips and 1 cup of finely chopped pecans to the dough, and mix them in evenly.
- Shape the dough into small balls, using about a scant teaspoonful of dough for each. Place these balls about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 325°F (163°C) oven for about 15 minutes. The cookies should be firm but not brown when done.
- Let the cookies cool on wire racks.
- Now, let’s make the rum glaze. In a separate bowl, mix together 3 cups of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of rum extract, and 3-4 tablespoons of milk or water until you have a smooth glaze.
- You have two options for applying the glaze to the cookies: You can either dip each cookie into the glaze or use a spoon to pour the glaze over the cookies.
- After applying the glaze, sprinkle the cookies with the remaining chopped pecans.
Enjoy your delicious Butternut Cookies!