- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease or spray a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, and salt. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese. Set this mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Now, add the liquid ingredients (milk, egg, and butter mixture) to the bowl of dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and cheese). Stir the mixture until it’s just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Spoon or pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the top is a beautiful golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for a while.
- After it has cooled a bit, carefully remove the loaf from the pan, slice it, and serve!
– You can customize this bread by adding ingredients like herbs, spices, or even diced jalapeños for an extra kick of flavor.
– This Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread is best enjoyed fresh and warm, but you can also toast it for a delicious treat.