Interesting Fact: Pecan trees are native to North America, and their nuts have been enjoyed in various culinary creations for centuries.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish to form the crust. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in 1 cup of granulated sugar, mixing until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake the cheesecake pie in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center still has a slight jiggle.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the pecan topping. In a skillet over low heat, melt 1/2 cup of butter. Stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar and let it start to bubble.
- Add the ground cinnamon, heavy cream, chopped pecans, and a pinch of salt. Stir the mixture well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the pecan topping from the heat and let it cool off the heat for about 20 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake pie has finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool at room temperature.
- After the pie has cooled, pour the pecan topping over the cheesecake.
- Chill the pecan cheesecake pie in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours or until it’s well-set.
- Slice and serve your delicious Pecan Cheesecake Pie! Enjoy!
- You can optionally garnish the pie with whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce for extra indulgence.
- Ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature for a smoother filling.
- Adjust the sweetness of the pecan topping to your preference by adding more or less sugar.
- This pie is best enjoyed when thoroughly chilled, so plan ahead for the refrigeration time.