After spotting this new trend, I’m never making bacon any other way again! Twisted bacon, a culinary sensation that’s recently garnered substantial acclaim, takes the beloved classic bacon and spins it into an enticingly crunchy and visually appealing delight! This innovative approach elevates the ordinary bacon strip, transforming it into a corkscrew of savory goodness that’s not only a feast for the palate but a spectacle for the eyes, ensnaring bacon enthusiasts with its whimsical shape and compelling flavor profile.
Pairing the illustrious twisted bacon can be an adventure in itself!
Ways to Enjoy Twisted Bacon
- As an Appetizer: Envisage it gracing your party platters, accompanied by a velvety, zestful dip like ranch or blue cheese, where the crispness of the bacon harmoniously melds with the creamy dip, offering a divine play of textures and flavors.
- Breakfast Side: Imagine it alongside your morning favorites like scrambled eggs, fluffy pancakes, or crisp waffles, introducing a smoky, indulgent nuance to your classic breakfast dishes.
Let’s Get Twisting with Twisted Bacon:
- Bacon strips (enough to adorn your baking tray)
- Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). This will ensure your twisted bacon gets perfectly crispy.
- Prepare a Baking Tray: Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This makes for easier cleanup.
- Twist the Bacon: Take each bacon strip and start twisting it into a corkscrew shape. You can use tongs or your fingers to do this. The twisted shape is what gives this bacon its unique texture and appearance.
- Arrange on the Tray: Place the twisted bacon strips on the prepared baking tray. Make sure to leave some space between each strip to allow for even cooking.
- Bake Away: Pop the tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t get overly crispy. You want it to be beautifully golden brown and twisted.
- Drain Excess Fat: Once your twisted bacon is done baking, carefully remove it from the oven. Place the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your twisted bacon is now ready to delight your taste buds and dazzle your guests! Serve it as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce or as a side for breakfast.
- Experiment with different bacon varieties for unique flavors. You can try it with maple-glazed bacon for a sweet twist or spicy bacon for a kick of heat.
- Feel free to season your twisted bacon with a sprinkle of black pepper, paprika, or your favorite seasonings before baking for added flavor.
- Keep an eye on the cooking time, as oven temperatures can vary. Adjust it as needed to achieve your desired level of crispiness.
- Remember to dispose of the bacon grease properly. You can let it cool and then transfer it to a container for later use or discard it safely.