This Best-Ever Chicken Salad is a delightful combination of flavors and textures, perfect for sandwiches or serving on a bed of greens.
- 3 – 4 lbs of chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts)
- 2 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 1 cup seedless grapes, sliced in half (red and green varieties)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the chicken parts on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 40-45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Let it cool, then shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, sliced grapes, sliced almonds (if using), sliced celery, scallions, fresh dill, and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and salt. Adjust the salt to your taste. Add freshly ground pepper for extra flavor.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and salad ingredients. Gently toss everything together until well coated with the dressing.
- Taste the chicken salad and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt or pepper as desired.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the chicken salad for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the Best-Ever Chicken Salad on sandwiches, as a wrap, or on a bed of greens. It’s versatile and delicious!
Enjoy your homemade Best-Ever Chicken Salad!