Ah, life’s dilemmas, like that moment when you’re torn between the moist richness of a brownie and the delightful bite of a cookie! Worry not, for the Fudgy Brownie Cookie comes to the rescue, marrying the indulgent chocolatey depth of brownies with the crispy yet tender allure of cookies. In this easy cookie, you bask in the best of both dessert worlds without compromise!
Imagine a cookie, dense with the fudgy, chocolate essence reminiscent of a brownie, crowned with that signature crinkled top. Yet, it also possesses the cookie’s beloved attributes: a conveniently handheld treat, soft at first bite with a subtle crispy edging. A dual dessert experience!
The enchantment begins with a luscious blend of melted chocolate chips and butter, amalgamated into a batter that has danced under the beaters for a full, airy five minutes. Typically, cookie dough demands gentle mixing, but here, aerating liberally allows the cookies to rise, fall, and bestow them with that sought-after crinkle top.
Another spell is cast with patience, chilling the dough to solidify the fat, ensuring that while the cookies joyfully rise and fall in the oven, they maintain their compact, round form. You’re rewarded with a cookie that boasts a crackly top, revealing the irresistible fudginess beneath.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes active, 30 minutes inactive | Serves: 24
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (for extra indulgence, use dark chocolate)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and semisweet chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth. Let it cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until fully incorporated.
- In another bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the additional chocolate chips for that extra burst of chocolate goodness.
- Cover the dough and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set, and the centers are still slightly soft. The cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your Fudgy Brownie Cookies with a glass of milk or your favorite beverage!
- Don’t skip the chilling step; it’s crucial for achieving that perfect cookie texture.
- You can customize these cookies by adding chopped nuts or white chocolate chips if desired.