- 200g fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 3 eggs
- 160g + 15g butter (room temperature)
- 160g all-purpose flour
- 160g granulated sugar
- 0.5 sachet baking powder
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
For the whipped cream:
- 50g mascarpone cheese
- 15cl full cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 10 lemon balm leaves (for garnish)
- 30g icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a saucepan, melt 15g of butter over medium heat. Add the diced pineapple and brown sugar. Cook until the pineapple caramelizes and turns golden brown. Set it aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 160g of butter and granulated sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the wet mixture and fold it in until well combined.
- Gently fold in the caramelized pineapple.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the whipped cream. In a mixing bowl, combine mascarpone, full cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and icing sugar. Whip until it forms soft peaks.
- Once the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve slices of the Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake topped with a dollop of lemon mascarpone whipped cream and garnish with lemon balm leaves.
Be sure to let the cake cool completely before slicing to allow the flavors to meld. You can store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. Enjoy!